HILLSBOROUGH ALLIANCE OF BLACK SCHOOL EDUCATORS
The purpose of HABSE is to help facilitate the education of all students. We strive to establish a coalition of educators who will not only support the educational process…but also help to enhance the instructional initiatives that are directly geared to closing the achievement gap for African American students in particular.
- STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT:
- Focus on helping the youth and families of the Tampa Bay community begin preparation for lifelong success through higher education.
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT:
- Focus on promoting the employment, recruiting, and career development of HABSE members and prospective educators of African American children.
- RECOGNITION PROGRAMS:
- Focus on securing funds to continue the tradition of awarding book stipends to graduating seniors and hosting the annual African American Achievers Awards Ceremony.
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT:
- Focus on the NABSE priority of Developing Effective Leadership that result in student learning.
- NATIONAL CONFERENCE: November 15TH -19TH New Orleans, LA (log on to nabse.org for more information)
- HABSE WINTER SOCIAL: (bowling) December 4th from 5:30 to 7:30
- FALL STUDENT FORUM: (for middle and high school students) December 9th from 9 to noon at King High School
- MLK PARADE: January 15th
- EDUCATOR FORUM: February, 2018 (location/time TBD)
- BLACK HISTORY BRAIN BOWL: March 3rd (11 to 1) at Sligh middle school
- AFRICAN AMERICAN ACHIEVERS AWARDS CEREMONY: April 26th
- END OF YEAR SOCIAL: May 7th (5:30-7:30 pm Kona Grill)